Monday, July 12, 2010

June in Summary

So...

Every time I've sat down to blog lately, I just don't seem to get it done for one reason or another. So here's a quick recap of our busy busy June:

About mid-month, a huge summer storm hit. Midwest summer storms themselves are nothing to sneeze at, and are part of my favorite part of summer. This one however, knocked out enough power stations around town to make most of us here powerless for 18-30 hours. We, thankfully were about mid-way there, and only lost it for about 24. We didn't lose any food to speak of, and actually made it into a kind of party. Most of our neighbors joined us outside, where we talked, relaxed, and enjoyed the breeze. The boys loved it! They got to eat outside, they got to play with everyone,

and we even pulled out the kiddie pool...Until we found ou
t the condo association doesn't allow them. =(


Oh well, they finally opened the pool about the time the power came back on, so that made it all better.
Timothy has really blossomed in the pool. Within a week, probably about 4 sessions, he went from clinging to me like a leech, to paddling all around the shallow end by himself. Of course, he has floaties, but his confidence is building, and we're working on learning to kick, and move his arms. He may not be swimming without the floaties by the end of the summer, but we're making strides just the same!

Andrew on the other hand, has had no fear in the pool. He keeps trying to swim away from me. If I drape him over my arm, he'll kick and paddle quite energetically. Would probably take off if I let him... But I want him to stop swallowing the pool water first. =)

Oh, and I've discovered a great bonus to frequent pool trips. Tired little boys who sleep well. If it's right after lunch, they even both take naps. Something that hasn't happened in a while!

In other news, We've also moved Andrew from his clip-on high chair...


... to a big boy booster. We probably would have put this move off, but our little Houdini was spending too much time on top of the table - in spite of the five-point harness. The booster has a waist strap, and so far he's stayed put. Seems pretty happy about it too. =)

My birthday was also in June, but the only picture I have is this one:

Everyone sent money, John took me to Half-Price Books, and told me I had to spend it all there. I think I pretty well, don't you? =)

1 comment:

Jenete said...

Love all the pics! Andrew and Timothy are getting so big! Hope you guys are enjoying the summer:)