Friday, February 6, 2009

Uhhhmmm....... Yeah.....

So,

You ask, gee, why hasn't John posted a blog in a while. I sure do miss reading his thrilling writings. He's the most amazing person I've ever met, etc. etc. etc.

Well, at ease fan club of mine. I'm back. My overdue absence from blogging will be explained momentarily.

Margaret and I have gotten some news recently. We were not telling anyone because this news came as a surprise to us and we weren't exactly prepared to receive it. However, after a trip to the temple last week and another trip to the doctor yesterday we have realized that we need to let others know that we....


ARE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!


Yeah. It really had nothing to do with what we felt at the temple as much as we realized this is getting kind of hard to hide anymore. Sometimes the Lord has plans that we didn't realize he had, and this is one of those cases. However, we are really excited to have this new child into our lives.

Yesterday, Margaret had her first midwife appointment and we were able to hear the heart beat along with a couple of well aimed kicks directly at the heart monitor. Because we weren't expecting this, we found out Margaret was pregnant a little later than usual. The baby's due date is August 8. Two days before Timothy turns two. Turns out the flu that she had in December probably wasn't the flu at all.

The lesson here is that you can do all the family planning you want. It doesn't matter. The Lord has plans that are greater than all of our plans.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Denise said...

Congrats! That sounds like our exact situation, except you get a couple of extra months for Timothy to get older! It has been hard for me to accept part of my life's plan that was "planned" not by me, but by the Lord, but I know it will be for the best. Enjoy.

Mama Llama-Karen said...

I am so happy for you. It will be fun for Timothy to have a sibling to play with. I hope you feel better and continue to do well. Keep us all posted. Congratulations!!!!

Mandy said...

Meg told me on my birthday--what a great gift. :-) Woot woot! Must knit summer things...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am so happy for you two. Two kids is a handful but luckly Timothy is older. Unlike Tim and I, we have two babies.